30 Sep ‘Sustainability – What Can We Do about It?’ – Nov. 5-6
The Mid America CropLife Association (MACA) is hosting a forum to discuss what “sustainability” means for the different sectors of the agriculture industry. This forum is scheduled for November 5th and 6th at the Renaissance Airport Hotel in St. Louis.
Our keynote speaker, Michelle Miller, Food Babe™, will begin the forum on Tuesday, November 5th with her presentation on Food System Security – Feeding the World.
Other speakers and topics include:
- Cybersecurity in Precision Ag/Technology – Mike Matson, FBI Louisville;
- Ag Plastics – Mark Hudson, ACRC;
- The Future of Transportation Infrastructure – J. Chris Klenklen, MO Dept. of Agriculture and Cheryl Ball, JD, MO Dept. of Transportation;
- Food vs. Ag – Joe Kelsay, Corteva Agriscience;
- What Does Sustainability Mean to Consumers vs. Everyone Else – Carter Purcell, Field to Market;
- Sustainability in Conventional Farming – Matt Carstens, Land O’Lakes;
- State Actions – Ben Wicker, IN Agriculture Nutrient Alliance and Randy Stookey, Kansas Agriculture Retailers Association;
- Sustainability Programing for Ag Retailers & Certified Crop Advisors – Donnie Taylor, Agricultural Retailers Association.
Tuesday evening will include a reception and dinner for participants. For a detailed schedule of events, and to register for the conference, go to www.maca.org and click on the MACA Sustainability Forum link in the upper right hand corner. You can also reserve hotel room at the link.
The hotel room block closes October 14th, and early registration closes October 25th.