25 Oct KARA among more than 100 associations signed onto letter for the Biden Administration to dissuade a rail strike
Association has joined more than 100 state and national level organizations in signing a letter urging President Joe Biden’s administration to continue working with the railroads and union officials to ensure an agreed-upon mid-September rail labor contract is ratified.
To date, six of the 12 unions have ratified the agreement, however, there are concerns a strike could still take place which would have devastating consequences on the economy.
Many major news organizations have published reports detailing the potential strike in November. Links to stories are below.
- Railroads reject sick time demands, raising chance of strike | AP (10/20)
- Renewed threat of rail strike has supply chain managers ramping up contingency plans | CNBC (10/20)
- Midterm Elections First, Rail Strike Later | Wall Street Journal (10/20)
- Railroads reject latest proposal from third largest union, as strike date looms | CNN (10/20)
- Railroads reject demands from holdout union, raising odds of strike | Fox (10/21)