14 Apr SBA Resources & Kansas Executive Order 20-22, Motor Carrier ExtensionHERE) allows a 10% weight waiver for motor carriers of essential services and food supplies. For our members’ clarification of the Executive Order, we requested clarification from the Kansas Highway Patrol if the waiver applies to the following:
- transport of agricultural crop inputs (seed/pesticide/fertilizer/diesel) from import/manufacturer to the end user/farmer
- transport of grain from farm to elevator
- transport of grain from commercial elevator to end user (i.e., feed yards, feed mills, biofuel plants, export market, etc.)
- transport of ethanol and biodiesel from processing plant to market
- Does this particular trip contribute to the immediate restoration of essential services or supplies related to issues caused by the COVID 19 pandemic as required by the declaration, or is it business as usual for your company?
- If I am stopped for inspection, or if my company is subject to a later compliance investigation, will I be able to support my decision to utilize the declaration to the inspector, trooper or safety investigator? While not required by the terms of the declaration any documentation, it would benefit you to have some form of documentation supporting your use of the weight waiver.
- Am I making an honest assessment of the situation as to the benefits and risks for my fellow citizens on my use of the declaration?